Quick Facts and Pricing
- All Year
- Ideal Flows
- Full day 8-9 hours fishing time
- From Seattle
- 2 hours
- $495 Full day float trip, 1-2 anglers
$75 additional for 3rd angler
Prices do not include WA sales tax
- We are proponents of swinging flies with two handed/spey rods on all our steelhead trips and are more than happy to provide personal instruction on becoming proficient with them. What we generally recommend is spey rods 6-9wt. depending on season with compact Skagit or Scandi heads and various sinking tips.
- Bunny Leeches, Egg Sucking Leeches, Flatwing General Practitioners, Mega Moal, Skagit Minnows, Morrish’s Trailer Trash, River Rats, Fergus Rock Star, Skunks, Purple Perils, Skykomish Sunrises for steelhead. Flesh flies, egg patterns for Dolly Varden and pink, purple and chartreuse flies for coho.
- 6 – 2/0 flies depending on season
Although winters in Washington can be dreary with gray skies and horizantal rain, the summers can be the exact opposite with blue bird skies and very warm temperatures. On these days choose to swing traditional fly patterns to summer steelhead or toss small dry flies and streamers to the enormous number of cutthroat trout that reside in the river as well.
We highly recommend the use of spey rods on this and all the Puget Sound rivers. We have a full line of them for you to use from Winston, Scott and Sage and our guides are accomplished spey casters and instructors more than happy to teach you this unique style of fly fishing.